Buddy Café Lingea is a here to break down language barriers!
How does Buddy Café Lingea work?
We organize casual meetings with a friendly atmosphere where you can meet both Czechs and other exchange students and practice languages that are predetermined for the meeting. The meetings usually take place on Wednesdays in a pub, café, tearoom or wine bar. We try to choose places near to VŠE. For every BCL we set two (or more 🙂 ) languages. For instance, English + Spanish, we all will speak English and Spanish as much as possible. And what are we going to talk about? It’s entirely up to you – no topics are preset 🙂
Who is BCL intended for?
- foreign students, i.e. native speakers, who are willing to help Czech students to improve their foreign language skills
- foreign students with a second language
- everybody who wants to have a chat
- who has put so much effort and has spent a lot of time studying a foreign language, but now, there are only few opportunities to actually use it
- beginners as well (no matter what level you are at;-)
- anyone who wasn’t so lucky to become a Buddy, but still wants to meet exchange students
Why come to BCL?
- you will meet Czech and foreign students and make close friendships; spend your free time with your new friends!
- you will learn about foreign countries, cultures and ways of life in different parts of the world
- you can improve your language skills or you can just have a friendly chat
- you will find out that you can speak a foreign language pretty naturally even if your grammar is not perfect